Login1 to Wi-Fi Access Point management interface and change your LAN IP Address2 to 192.168.20.2
- Default login information for your Wi-Fi Access Point can be found on or under your Wi-Fi Access Point or visit manufacturer website or contact your ISP provider.
- For popular manufacturers like TP Link, Netgear, ASUS, etc., you can find “LAN IP Address” under the “Network” or “LAN” menu / settings. See image above for reference.
Note: You may lose temporary connectivity to your Wi-Fi Access Point, as it may need to restart after this action and may need to re-connect to your Wi-Fi Access Point respectively. This process can take upto 5 minutes or more to complete.
Now login1 again to your Wi-Fi Access Point and locate “DHCP” settings from menu and disable DHCP2 (by unticking checkbox or toggle button). Save and apply before proceeding to next step.
- To access your Wi-Fi Access Point, you now need to use the newly set LAN IP Address 192.168.20.2
- Popular manufacturers like TP-Link, Netgear, ASUS, etc., may refer to it as DHCP Sever. See image above for reference.
Note: Many Wi-Fi Access Point models may restart after this action.
Now connect all devices as shown in below picture:
Note: Make sure all devices are switched on. Give at least 3 to 5 minutes for all the devices to initialize the settings.
Open your web-browser (Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.) and follow the below steps:
- a. Type 192.168.20.1/audra in your browser URL address bar.
- b. Select ISP Profile1 and enter details to connect to the internet;
- Contact your ISP provider to know your ISP Profile details (where applicable).
Note: You may receive a pop-up message saying, “Your Internet Setting is Successfully Configured”. Click “OK” to proceed to next step.
- c. Firmware Update (if available), device will automatically check for latest Firmware and update. Allow up to 20 minutes (depending on your internet connection type) for the process to complete.
Note: Please ensure there is no interruption in power or connectivity.
- Refresh the page or re-visit 192.168.20.1/audra if the page does not progress automatically.
- You may also need to re-enter your ISP details before proceeding to next step (may vary for different internet connection types, web-browsers or models).
Enter your Activation Code found on the bottom sticker under your Audra unit and fill in other details as requested on the page;Once successfully created – login to the Audra Management Portal (https://manage.audra.io) using your credentials;
Above methods may vary for different Models, Internet Service Provider (ISP) Type and Web-Bowser.